Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Anything leap out at you?

Nick prompted me about the Channel 4 3D experiments running this week. The hardest part seems to be getting hold of the coloured specs, which are available (free) from Sainsbury's, but you have to ask at the Customer Service desk.

Mixed results here at the City of Bath TV advanced research institute. The 50's movies are fascinating footage, 3d or not - to me the compromise in colour rendition is too high a price for the (to my brain) less than overwhelming impression of depth. Maybe watching on a bigger screen in the dark would improve things.

I have fond memories of the old View-Master 3d stereoscopic viewers - what I didn't know is that they're still available - and it would appear you can even get your own slides made (at least in the US).